[How I Made Christmas at IOI City Mall ] Ice skating at the Biggest IceRink In Malaysia

December 15, 2015



Are you craving for an unique Christmas this year? December is always my exciting month, not just because of the season of Christmas, its decorations all over the malls and its celebrative atmosphere, but also because of year end sales and promotions, buying stuffs for the special ones!

After whole year long of hard works, it is time to pay off ourselves. Why not try something new and unique?

I have decided to give IOI CITY MALL Icescape a try, my skating experience for the first time. Love the freezing cold skating rink, felt like snowing season in overseas countries. My butt might hurt but at least I experienced it once in my lifetime.

有没有想过今年的妳,想过一个比较特别的圣诞节呢? 每到十二月份时,我就特别的兴奋,因为不只是圣诞节的到来,到处的商场都有了圣诞装饰,圣诞的气氛很是浓厚。再加上又是年尾大促销~~心里只想买买买,然后送些礼物给特别的人!

当然,在打拼了一整年,是不是该给自己轻松的空间,享受一些平时鲜少尝试的呢?

这次我选择了到IOI CITY MALL Icescape 溜冰,可能对其他人来说不起眼,但对我来说,这是第一次。
我期待那个冷冷的溜冰场,就像来到外国有下雪气氛一样~
虽然屁股会痛,但至少人生就是要有那开始的第一次!


Registration started at 10am. Heart began to beat faster already. Hehe
一早十点就来到登记,要开始咯,心跳加快一些些了~~呵呵

Gratefully, there was a coaching session by an experienced coach! Don't play play.
I already being imagine how pro I will be while listening to the coach's explanation.
我很庆幸我的这一次就有教练教导了,而且教练的来历不小哦!
×一边听教练解释,一边已经开始想象自己等下会变成多厉害了,哈哈×

It's time to choose the skating shoes according to size! 
好啦,是时候可以依自己脚的大小选择适合自己的溜冰鞋咯!

Feeling awkward wearing skating shoes for the first time, walking like penguin. I also bought a pair of pink gloves to protect my hands in case of falling on the ice rink.
第一次穿上溜冰鞋,感觉自己走起路来还是怪怪的,有点像企鹅。今天也买了自己喜欢的粉红手套,要保护自己或许待会跌在地上的时候,手才不会冻伤了


Geared up and stored everything into the safety box.
一切换好哦,包包,相机都放入保险箱啦~~

1, 2, 3...Coach was teaching some basic skating moves and fall-protection method.
1,2,3.。。大家跟教练一起学习一些基本动作,如如何跌倒时不伤了自己,真确的滑式等等~~
Entering with slight fear of falling like nobody business. Thankfully there was rail around the rink for beginner like me to hold on to. Charlie and his penguin friend are welcoming me ^^
要开始进去,心里还是怕怕的。怕一进去就跌个四脚朝天。还好里面都有手扶的,适合新手的我耶!
图中 Charlie 与企鹅朋友再欢迎我呢!
If you still can't skate after taught, the penguin will let you hold on and skate. lol
哈哈,如果真的还是走路都学不会的话,可以租用这个小企鹅!

Started some silly gesture after learnt to skate, not more than 10 minutes later. How cool!
当然经过教练一步步的教导后,不到十分钟,我就可以来一些小滑了耶~~鬼马动作马上来了,哈哈!


With our coach Mr Phua extra care, we won't afraid even when we falled down, we know he will be there all the time to guide us step by step. We are so proud to become one of the student of Mr Phua. Not only he owned more than 16 years of skating experience, he also won the title of Silver Medalist of ISI World Championship, USA. Mr Phua was also the first and only Malaysian who have performed at the world's largest ice show, “Disney on Ice". Other than that, he was also the ice skating head coach of other countries such as Singapore and Thailand.

有Mr Phua 教练的照顾,就算跌倒也不会害怕,因为他会很细心的教导每一位学员。我们真的很荣幸可以成为Mr Phua 的学员。Mr Phua不只拥有16年经验,更是很多国际比赛的得奖者,也是马来西亚第一位可以在最大型的溜冰秀“Disney On Ice"表演。他也曾经是其他国家例如新加坡,泰国的总教练呐!

I never expected skating can be so thrilling and exciting. Truly a stress-killing activity. Feeling the tiredness on legs though, with the feeling of hunger. So, hit a group photo with the coach as appreciation. Do you notice there is a cute character designed by IOI city group the snowman, Parson in the photo?
没想到滑冰也可以那么高兴,真的一下子忘了什么烦恼了,唯一一样就是滑到脚酸了~~
肚子也开始咕噜了,快谢谢教练,也不忘来个大合照哦!你有看到里面有一只snowman Parson 吗?

Want to retain the first valuable experience? Capture a photo and keep it! 
如果不想忘记那第一次的经验,也可以在里面拍张照,留着纪念哦!

We can have a wide view of Icescape ice rink from a floor above. We also being told that Icescape ice-rink  is the foremost and only Olympic sized Ice skating rink in Malaysia which spans 30m x 60m of ice surface with breath taking glass view. It also recognised by Malaysia Book of Record as the “ Biggest Ice Rink in Malaysia "

回头一看,Icescape的场地蛮大的,过后才得知这个原来是马来西亚唯一一个拥有奥林匹克标准大小的溜冰场,也是容纳为马来西亚记录成为“马来西亚最大的溜冰场”


This was really an amazing experience. My only regret was I had to wear my spec due to the infected eyes. Else, I would be more a skating beauty in the rink. Well, there will always be a second time and I will make sure it's "no-spec" photo next!
这次的经历很棒,我唯一的遗憾也就是前一天自己的眼睛受感染了,只好戴眼镜,不然那一天就可以更加美美的溜冰了~~
不管啦,我还要再去一次,拍张美美的照片!



Facebook- Icescape Ice Rink


Do you curious why this time there are some cartoon characters appeared in my photo? 
They are actually some character special designed by IOI city group. Now they have an Instagram Spot Snap And Win contest. You only have to look out for the clue, spot & snap with the “ How I Made Christmas ” character of the week at IOI City Mall and upload to Instagram with hashtag #foundatioicitymall. The weekly top 10 photos will win Rm 100 Harvey Norman cash voucher. At the end of contest, the best photo among all will win a smartphone!

I wished I could skate for the whole day but hunger beaten me down. It's time for food!
其实我是很想如果可以就在里面滑一整天了~~可是肚子却不允许。投降给肚子 ><
Joining the rest, we went to TINO's Pizza Cafe for good food, my favorite Western dishes!
跟着大伙儿来到TINO's Pizza Cafe 吃好料,是我喜欢的西餐呐!
Make ways for camera before stomach!
美食当前,抗拒不到,不过相机先吃!



Another group photo in front of TINO's Pizza. I wish I had more time with my newly known friends.
满足的大家在TINO's Pizza 前合照,可是心里还是多么的不舍得~~我们还没聊完呢!都是一些刚认识的新朋友嘛


Extending our session, we went to dal.komm Coffee.
决定不如下一站直接去 dal.komm COFFEE 再喝咖啡聊聊天吧

I am caffeine-sensitive, so no coffee but this ICE HONEY GRAPEFRUIT for me.
一向来对咖啡比较过敏的我,选择了这杯ICE HONEY GRAPEFRUIT~~

Unfinished sharing continued on skating, food and many more...ongoing!
一起开心聊天,分享溜冰经验,美食经验~~都有聊不完的话题!



Do not miss out the fantastic Christmas decoration here at Centre Court! All characters come with their own name. Cuteness to the max!
当然来到了IOI City Mall,就不能错里面的圣诞装饰啦,聊完后,大家都到中庭去看装饰了。看到了很多个可爱的圣诞卡通人物,原来这一些都有自己的名字呢!


Nevertheless, it's a good shopping time for me too, to buy Christmas gifts. A lot of options like cute Christmas bears, plates, mugs and decoration stuffs.
来到这里,当然也没忘记自己的任务,给大家买个圣诞礼物~~这种时间最好逛了,到处都是可爱的圣诞熊熊啊,等等的,就连盘子,杯子,家里装饰品都是跟圣诞有关系!
I know everyone will spend alot during the year end especially when there are alot of sales going on. IOI City Mall is giving out exclusive premium gift such as Plush Toy, fleece blanket, colour pencils and more to all the customers that have spent RM 350 or Rm 250 for HSBC credit card holders in a single receipt from selected outlet.


Hey, little fella, what are you looking at?
嘿,小弟弟,你在看什么呀?

Believe it or not, IOI CITY MALL actually designed their own cartoon booklet, not just for kids, even myself fell in love with it!
原来这本就是IOI CITY MALL 亲自设计的卡通故事书,很适合小孩子,连我自己都很喜欢!
Got stickers some more!
里面还有贴纸呢!

Coloring pages are available too, with mystery gifts redemption upon completion! And the booklet is free, redeemable through Information Counter, just like that!
还可以彩上颜色~~彩好后,都可以兑换神秘礼物呢!

而这本书是免费给大家的,只要到询问台索取就行啦~

Do not miss out the Christmas Show that will be going on in the centre court at 3pm and 6pm.
在中庭也会有很多圣诞表演哦,所以不要错过。记得三点或六点在那里守着就好啦!



Not forget to take a photo with Parson the snowman before I leave!
玩了一天,终于都累了,但要走前,不忘了跟 Parson the snowman 合照!

After a day of fun at IOI City Mall, the careless and forgetful me found out that I couldn't recall where is my car. *cry*  Luckily IOI City Mall has this “ Car Finder System”. With only key in my car plate number, the screen will directly pop up the location of my car! This invention is just Genius! Save the careless me from so much of miserable finding my car! Thankyou IOI City Mall for such thoughtful by implementing this first-in-Malaysia technology!

玩了一天真的可以把什么都忘记了,我竟然忘了我的车位在哪里呐! 我可不想一层层去找车呢~呜呜!
嘿,幸好给我遇到这个!原来IOI City Mall 有这个找车系统呢,而且是全马第一个~还好还好,输入我的车牌后,我的车照就出来啦!还显示什么车位,时间等等呐!这太强了吧!


So, this is my day of Christmas at IOI City Mall, how about yours?
就这一样,在IOI City Mall 过完了充实的一天,你的故事又会是怎样的呢?


Latest Instagrams

© 寒蝉;涵谈. Design by Eve.